SMOKE DAMAGE REMOVAL & RESTORATION
Knoxville Smoke Damage Removal
Accidents are called accidents because they are unpredictable circumstances that we are faced to deal with throughout our lifetime. As a home owner you can’t predict when a fire will cause a significant amount of damage to your home, though you can help to prepare yourself for the event. There are dozens of types of visible damage that you will see from a fire, but there is also damage that cannot be seen by an untrained eye. It is important that you call our team of professionals that know what to look for when dealing with smoke damage to ensure that your home not only looks its best but that it’s also safe for your family to live in.
Why Hire a Professional?
Aside from the fact that most home owners will be overwhelmed after experiencing smoke damage to their home, a professional has a trained eye that is perfect for assessing and repairing damage. They will help you to prevent any further damage from occurring, such as:
- Recurring odors that will remain in the home long after the fire had started
- Discoloring of walls and furniture
- Corrosion of materials and appliances
- Tarnishing of metal and etching of glass from smoke exposure
How to Handle Smoke Damage
The two main things that you should consider after a fire on your property is to call your insurance company and to contact our team to help begin the smoke removal process. The sooner you call us, the safer it will be for your family to return home. When we are able to assess the damage and begin repairing it, there will be less residual damage and the cost for cleaning your property will be significantly less. Most home owners find it beneficial to have a mild clean done to see what type of permanent damage they’re dealing with. Other important factors to consider include:
- Having your utensils and dishes inspected before use
- Cleaning of your upholstery and furniture
- Disposal of open food and containers with food in them
- Having your carpets deodorized and your curtains cleaned
We use industry-approved cleaners to help make sure that harmful smoke chemicals are broken down and removed from any type of material in your home. We also have years of experience to know what chemicals should be used in certain instances to restore your home to its original condition.
We will take a look at your home to determine what items are still salvageable and what needs to be replaced to ensure that your home is safe, we also;
- Neutralize any existing odors to prevent them from reoccurring
- Cleaning residue from surfaces to prevent it from spreading
- Treating sealed items to ensure that there are no odors remaining